Skip to main content

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summertime, Garage Sales and Flea Markets

Summertime is here and I have been to a local flea market....I had a garage sales the Saturday before Memorial Day to get rid of the old and bring in the new.....or "new to me"..... I found burlap, a picture frame, window sheers, home decor, three accent pillows to go with the new bedspread in the master bedroom....and much, much more.....I even found a free-standing garden trellis for $15.00, original price was $112.00.....looks great in the garden....I have not decide what viney flower I will grow, yet....All in all I spent $30.00 including the trellis... I am still looking for more window treatments for the master bedroom, but there are more garage sales and flea markets out there waiting for me.....Happy Hunting everyone...

Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.

We all have talents. Some are veiled and some are in the open. I have several friends that helped me get through the first few days after Jonny's accident. Lynne helped with the logistics of getting the memorial organized, and driving me to see my son Brandon to tell him the tragic news. Crystal gathered the pictures and the stories of Jonny with me, his brother, his family, and his friends to decorate the display board. Peggy and Ruth were able to comfort me, with their empathetic abilities, having similar losses. My sister and Mom, comforting me and only wishing the plane from Florida brought them sooner. My friend Debbie, whose comforting words, caring and the ability to know what else I needed, such as bringing a wonderful stew, to nourish us and keep my strength up. The list goes on and on. The talents and kindness continues....all of these people were put into my life at different times and different areas. I know that God put them into my life for a reason...I am forever gra

Honest Scrap Award

I have just recently started my blog and Eileen from Umma's World , was the first to post comments. Through her blog and her comments to my post I can tell she is a very gracious and kind woman, who loves her family. I am honored to be awarded the "Honest Scrap", and hope to carry it on to seven of the many inspiring blogs that I follow. I am grateful and thankful that Eileen and my paths have crossed through our blog sites. Now on to the rules of acceptance. 1. Say thanks for the award and give a link to the presenter. 2. Share ten honest things about yourself. 3. Present this award to seven other blogs. 4. Tell them of this award and the rules. Here are 10 honest things about myself: 1. I have learned to let people help me, and I can still be independant, without trying to do everything all by myself. 2. I am truly blessed with friends and family. I always knew how much they meant to me, though I had not realized this til six months ago, how much I meant to them. 3. I a