Skip to main content

Honest Scrap Award


I have just recently started my blog and Eileen from Umma's World, was the first to post comments. Through her blog and her comments to my post I can tell she is a very gracious and kind woman, who loves her family. I am honored to be awarded the "Honest Scrap", and hope to carry it on to seven of the many inspiring blogs that I follow. I am grateful and thankful that Eileen and my paths have crossed through our blog sites.


Now on to the rules of acceptance.


1. Say thanks for the award and give a link to the presenter.


2. Share ten honest things about yourself.


3. Present this award to seven other blogs.


4. Tell them of this award and the rules.


Here are 10 honest things about myself:


1. I have learned to let people help me, and I can still be independant, without trying to do everything all by myself.


2. I am truly blessed with friends and family. I always knew how much they meant to me, though I had not realized this til six months ago, how much I meant to them.


3. I agree with ...."The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. "
-Benjamin Franklin.....however, I often times forget this.


4. I used to want a career that I could do a lot of traveling with, and move to a bigger city....now I want to settle......


5. Although I don't expect others to be perfect (well, maybe a little) I expect myself to be.


6. I am a Pollyanna....


7. I miss my son Jonny, very, very, much....and feel my life will never be the same.


8. I stress the small stuff....but I am working on it.


9. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.


10. I hate clutter.....


I will greatly enjoy passing this award on to seven of my favorite blogs, who inspire me and I look forward to reading their new post...


Bec @ Beyond the Picket Fence

Nicole @ Graves House

Margo @ Margo's Junkin' Journal

Shannon @ Bless our Nest

Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick

Nora @ Faithful Days

Kari and Kijsa @ KariandKijsa

Comments

  1. This was a beautiful post.
    And I'm grateful that I happened upon your blog. I obviously don't know you well, but I was drawn here and I'd like to get to know you better.
    I'm really new to the 'blog world' too, only since late February really, but I've met so many nice people this way. Everyone of them so supportive and uplifting.
    And there is a world of information on these blogs! I love the inspirational blogs, as well as the informative blogs, and I'm also drawn to the 'home decorating' blogs (especially on a budget!), I love to see how other people live, what interest them, just their everyday lives.

    Thanks so much for sharing.
    I'm really so sorry about your son. There are no words. And I think you are right that your life will never be the same. But just remember you don't have to let him go to move on, and I agree with you, in your profile when you said that he is in Heaven watching over you.

    You are in my thoughts and prayers,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words, Eileen. I do not believe people meet by chance (whether in person or on blog site). God placed people in my life, at the time I needed them most. The people I work for and work with are so compassionate, making my transition back to work less stressful.

    The blog sites, especially the spiritually inspirational ones are very theapeutic. I created my blog in March, but did not start posting til May. There is such a plethora of information, ideas and spirituality among these sites. As a child/teenager I had several pen pals....now modern technology has made it that much more accessible....looking forward to reading your blog post...
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How my heart aches for you, having known a taste of your pain. I lost my first born son many years ago, a child I never got to take home and my late husband was in Viet Nam at that time. Though God richly blessed me with three more babies to take home and treasure, my heart aches every October 31st.

    The loss of my husband was even more intense and I deal with that daily even though God sent another husband my way.

    One of the most important things I have always remembered is that grief is a journey you go through, not one that you get over...and I wouldn't even want to be able to "get over" these losses as they are far too important and I would rather have bittersweet pain remembering them than happiness without!

    Meanwhile I use the gift of silliness and laughter that God gave me as a way to lighten our 'loads' and to honor those we have lost.

    blessings and prayers,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you don't mind my joining your followers. I read a post from you on another site and I clicked over here....and am drawn to stay here and read, listen, and post. I pray for you....and I covet prayers for me and my family al well. I am very new to blogging....brand new...but I have met the nicest people. May God's love surround you, always.
    Smiles,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beachgirl....I posted a comment this morning...but I don't know if it got to you or not. I'm very new to this...and it might have *poof*...vanised into cyberland. I wanted you to know that I love your site...I love visiting here, and I hope that you don't mind if I follow you. I wanted you to know that you are thought of and prayed for. I send you a smile and wishes for a good day and evening.
    Smiles,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's me again...the 'worry wart'....:-)) Thank you for the sweet post on my site.
    I wish the best for your friend who is getting her PhD. She has her work cut out for her, and I'm sure she'll do just fine.
    Smiles,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summertime, Garage Sales and Flea Markets

Summertime is here and I have been to a local flea market....I had a garage sales the Saturday before Memorial Day to get rid of the old and bring in the new.....or "new to me"..... I found burlap, a picture frame, window sheers, home decor, three accent pillows to go with the new bedspread in the master bedroom....and much, much more.....I even found a free-standing garden trellis for $15.00, original price was $112.00.....looks great in the garden....I have not decide what viney flower I will grow, yet....All in all I spent $30.00 including the trellis... I am still looking for more window treatments for the master bedroom, but there are more garage sales and flea markets out there waiting for me.....Happy Hunting everyone...

Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.

We all have talents. Some are veiled and some are in the open. I have several friends that helped me get through the first few days after Jonny's accident. Lynne helped with the logistics of getting the memorial organized, and driving me to see my son Brandon to tell him the tragic news. Crystal gathered the pictures and the stories of Jonny with me, his brother, his family, and his friends to decorate the display board. Peggy and Ruth were able to comfort me, with their empathetic abilities, having similar losses. My sister and Mom, comforting me and only wishing the plane from Florida brought them sooner. My friend Debbie, whose comforting words, caring and the ability to know what else I needed, such as bringing a wonderful stew, to nourish us and keep my strength up. The list goes on and on. The talents and kindness continues....all of these people were put into my life at different times and different areas. I know that God put them into my life for a reason...I am forever gra