Skip to main content

Poetry by prompts

 


I enjoy writing poems. To add to the fun, I find writing tips, exercises and writing prompts. Here are 3 exercises of writing prompts and my recent poems. 

Do you have any writing tips, writing prompts, writing exercises that help you? Please share in the comments, I would love to hear from you.

PROMPTS: silence, name, remember, animal, motion, voice

Remember the silence of a sly fox

Slowly pouncing in motion

My voice does not echo this animal’s name

 

PROMPTS: canal, ladder, crack, love, drum, book

as you climb the ladder

or sail through the canal of love

hear the sound of a drum

or the crack as you open the book

 

PROMPTS:

body, dancing, cupboard, alphabet, wreckage, say

Your body is moving

To dancing motions

But when you open the cupboard

The wreckage of odds and ends

Flow to the floor

As if to say we have jumbled the alphabet






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summertime, Garage Sales and Flea Markets

Summertime is here and I have been to a local flea market....I had a garage sales the Saturday before Memorial Day to get rid of the old and bring in the new.....or "new to me"..... I found burlap, a picture frame, window sheers, home decor, three accent pillows to go with the new bedspread in the master bedroom....and much, much more.....I even found a free-standing garden trellis for $15.00, original price was $112.00.....looks great in the garden....I have not decide what viney flower I will grow, yet....All in all I spent $30.00 including the trellis... I am still looking for more window treatments for the master bedroom, but there are more garage sales and flea markets out there waiting for me.....Happy Hunting everyone...
  He turned around just in time to see her walk out the door. Their spat had been little, not like most spats. However, he thought this one may be the end of their relationship. So many times, they would break up, only to get back together again. Oh, but wasn’t the making up great. Didn’t it feel like they had just met for the first time. What was it that made this time different? Was it the look on her face? Or the last words that came out of his mouth or hers? No, it was something else, something so strong, something that felt so lifeless. He pondered on what to do next. His mind wandered to all the memories they shared both good and bad. Like the time the drove from Napa Valley to southern California down Highway 1. The smell of the fresh air, listen to the ocean waves against the rocks, the coolness of the breeze. Such sweet memories. “Slow down” she would say, “Slow down you are scaring me”. This did not stop him for he was an adventurous sort of man. He loved having his...

Personality Plus

I found a new blog site ... /www.reneeswope.blogspot.com/ .....she talks about, Florence Littauer's book Personality Plus...in this book four personalities are mentioned 1. Phlegmatic 2. Choleric 3. Sanguine 4. Melancholy I have not only read this book and taken the personality test years ago, but I had the privilege in going to a church Woman's conference and Florence was the guest speaker in 1996. She is an excellent speaker, and the book is quite interesting. I have taken several personality test, through the years either in school or through work. I have read "Please Understand Me II" by David Keirsey about temperament, character and intelligence and "Now, Discover Your Strengths" by Marcus Buckingham and Donald Clifton, PhD. These books are interesting, informative, thought provoking and motivating. They not only tell you about your personality, but about those around you. They teach you about other's personalities. It teaches about diversity of pe...